Re: [gnome-db]Re: Introductions and Proposed Changes

On 07 May 2001 16:00:22 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On 06 May 2001 12:10:21 -0400, Ian D. Stewart wrote:
> > Hello Rogrigo,
> >
> Hi Ian!
>
> > My name is Ian Stewart.  I will be working with Reinhard Muehler, implementing
> > changes within libgda to (hopefully) make it more robust and useful to those
> > outside the GNOME community.
> >
> > I spoke with Reinhard last night on IRC, and he mentioned a list of proposed
> > changes he sent to you and gnome-db-list c. 04 Nov 2000.  He had said that he
> > has not, as of yet, implemented any of those changes.  I am wondering if you,
> > or anybody else has gotten an opportunity to implement these changes, or if I
> > should take them as my 'marching orders', so to speak.
> >
> ok, the url for the list of things he mentioned is http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-db-list/2000-November/msg00009.html.
>
> * gda-init should be part of the client lib...: no, it should stay in
> libgda-common, since it will be needed by other gda non-client apps,
> such as the report engine
sorry, this is incorrect. The report engine IS a GDA client. But I'd
prefer to leave it in gda-common, since we'll have for sure some
processes using the libraries but not being clients at all

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/