Re: [gnome-db]Oracle provider

On 07 May 2001 08:31:38 -0500, Bob Jones wrote:
> Rodrigo, Stephan,
>
> Is it my imagination, or does the Oracle client want to obtain the
> schema information for tables and views when you log on?  If so, then
it's not the Oracle client, it's the GNOME-DB front end. Well,
specifically, the GnomeDbBrowser widget, which, when you open a
connection, loads all the tables in the database it's connected to. We
can make this behavior a configuration option, if it annoys people

> there needs to be some definate changes in the SQL used to obtain the
> information.  I also suspect that the connection and logon sequences
> might be improved up also (using sql commands instead of the OCI
> instructions which are a bit vague in my opinion)

it would be great if you can improve it :-)

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/