Re: [gnome-db]libbonobo.so error while compiling gnome-db

On 13 Jun 2001 21:48:30 -0400, Roger Pilkey wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response, Rodrigo.
>
> I have the following installed:
> Orbit 0.5.8
> bonobo 1.0.4
> oaf 0.6.5
>
> These are the latest versions of these from ftp.gnome.org, so far as I can
> tell.
>
> installed in the order : orbit, bonobo,oaf
>
> I have done make uninstall;make clean;rm config.cache;make on all of these.
> Any known problems with these versions?
>
> Don't bother too much, if it looks like a bonobo problem, I'll check around
> that list.

it indeed seems so, since you've got quite new versions of all of them. Anyway,
I'm thinking that maybe it's due to the ORBit-generated files in
gnome-db. Try removing all gnome-db/lib/GnomeDB* files, and rerun make.
If this is the case, please tell me, since it will mean we're
distributing the ORBit-generated files in the tarball, which is wrong.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/