Re: [gnome-db]libbonobo.so error while compiling gnome-db

On 13 Jun 2001 19:15:05 -0400, Roger Pilkey wrote:
> Hi, everybody:
>
> I'm getting an error compiling gnome-db, at this stage:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/gnomedb-components gnomedb-com-config.o
> gnomedb-com-connection-pool.o gnomedb-com-connection.o
> gnomedb-com-designer.o gnomedb-com-export.o gnomedb-com-import.o
> gnomedb-com-log.o gnomedb-com-main.o
> .
> . (about 20 lines of libraries)
> .
> /usr/local/lib/libbonobo.so: undefined reference to
> `DynamicAny_DynAny_destroy'
> /usr/local/lib/libbonobo.so: undefined reference to
> `DynamicAny_DynAny_to_any'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [gnomedb-components] Error 1
>

> I know it looks like some kind of bonobo error, but I thought I'd try here
> first, because it's happening while compiling gnome-db.  I can't find any
> reference to DynamicAny_DynAny_destroy anywhere.  Google had 3 vague

this seems a version mismatch in one of OAF, ORBit, Bonobo. What
versions have you got? You should make sure you've got the latest (get
the latest packages from www.ximian.com or your distribution's site)

> Also, can anyone point me to which list discusses bonobo problems?

that's gnome-components-list gnome org

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/