Hi all!

I've just checked in a fix for one of the important bugs (bug 50565,
'need always two tries to get a connection), and along with some fixes I
did this week, I've fixed 3 things:

* the 2-tries-to-connect problem
* providers are now terminated when the last open connection is closed,
thus not leaving inactive processes around
* components terminate when the last client disconnects, thus not
leaving inactive processes around

so, with these 3 things, gnome-db/libgda now work pretty well, so I'm
going to do a new release maybe this weekend or at the beginning of next
week. Doing so will mean we've got a stable version of both
gnome-db/libgda released and that we can concentrate on adding new
features now.

I'll wait for 2-3 days to see if somebody reports problems with the new
tarballs (at ftp://ftp.gnome-db.org/pub/gnome-db/sources/0.2.10), and,
if there's nothing critical, I'll send the announcement. So, please,
could you people try to compile those tarballs and report any problem

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]