Re: [gnome-db]Access-like prkect

On 22 Jul 2001 20:32:31 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any attempts to make a MS Access-like
> frontend to gnome-db?

well, the gnome-db frontend (gnomedb-fe) is an attempt to make a good database
client, similar to MS Access. Of course, it's still missing some
important things, but it's in the way. The basic stuff (SQL command
execution, database browser) is now available.

I'm right now working on finishing the export stuff (to export a
database into a XML file), and then, I'll work on a table editor to
allow people to visually create their tables.

Other things missing are a form editor (to be done via glade), and data
entry screens. Are you thinking about other things? which ones?

Also, you may have a look at gASQL, which has more visual tools than
gnome-db. You can find it at http://gasql.sourceforge.net.