[gnome-db]Re: Perl bindings for libgda (using Inline::C module from CPAN)

Hi Gregor,

That was quick!

On 09 Jul 2001 13:14:32 -0400, Gregor N. Purdy wrote:
> All --
>
> I have attached a *very* rough implementation of some basic gda_config,
> gda_log, gda_provider, and gda_dsn wrappers for Perl. This uses the
> Inline module, which is available from CPAN. There really isn't any
> documentation at this point, but the README tells you how to build
> the thing. I've provided a couple of utility scripts as well (built
> mainly for testing, but perhaps they will evenutally be useful).
>
> I'd like to know if anyone else can build this and have the tests
> successful before I spend any more time on it. Don't expect
> 'make install' to do the right thing just yet, since the docs for
> the Inline module haven't been updated to reflect the new install
> procedure using Inline::MakeMaker, and I couldn't get it to work
> in the few minutes I tried...

well, it worked perfectly well for me, both the make/install process, and the
2 scripts, gda-ls-log and gda-ls-providers. I can't comment on the code,
since I'm a beginner in Perl, so, unless somebody objects something, go
ahead with the other classes.

one thing that concerns me is that make install copies files always
(AFAIK) to /usr/local. This should be changed, if possible at all, so
that it installs in the same prefix as libgda.