Re: [gnome-db]compiling...

Marcelo, I resend it through the list, since your SMTP seems to not like
my SMTP :-)

On 06 Jul 2001 20:48:12 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On 06 Jul 2001 14:42:02 -0300, Marcelo Elias Del Valle wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > Rodrigo, sorry because so many questions, but I am really interested
> in
> > gnome-db, and I would like to have it working first to learn more
> about it.
> > Now, all the buttons appeared (the bonobo classes were registered), It
> was
> > because the files on .gconf, as you said, but when I try to click on
> the
> > manager button, The message:
> >
> > Message: Successfully registered `OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_std_Factory'
> >
> > Appears on my terminal, but the program so stops there, neither the
> window is
> > drawed. gnomedb-fe simple crashs.

hmm, seems something related with CORBA/Bonobo. Tell me the output of:

dpkg -l libbonobo* liborbit* liboaf*

> >       Do you have an idea about what can it be? What exactlly is
> > gnomedb-mgr? Is it a program and not a library, doesn't it? Are you
> > bonobo class from a program?

gnomedb-mgr is a component, so if you run it on the command line, you
won't get
nothing. It is intended to be activated via Bonobo.