Re: [gnome-db] [Fwd: Re: Communications in Projects...]

>>I've been a bit from gnome-db development, but, based on my future
>>I'll be keeping both eyes on it, very closely... So, if this honor can be
>>delegated to me, I'd be glad to help.
>Surely, I won't be chopping so many words in the report. ;)
>I meant 'been a bit far from'... and 'based on my future plans I'll'

I'm certainly not qualified to comment on development issues (way over my
head).  But I'm re-doing my "Data Access tools for Linux" presention (the one
linked to from the gnome-db doc page) and after I finish that I hope to actually
try writting an app using gnome-db.  So I'll offer to help in any
"documentation" tasks someone want's to throw my way.

I have been pounding the merits of gnome-db on other developement lists I'm
subscribed to.  I really wish there was PHP bindings as that is what I spend 4~6
hours a day writting.

Theoretical question:

GDA is a CORBA object, yes?  So I don't really *need* Bonobo to access a GDA
provider,  I could do it directly via CORBA. (?)  Or does GDA need Bonobo as it
is activated by OAF?

If I have XML-RPC/SOAP/CORBA bridging middle-ware,  I should then be able to
access the GDA provider via XML-RPC?  (I'm currently using XML-RPC for other
stuff).

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW