Re: [gnome-db]libgda-0.2.3 and Oracle 8i Enterprise

On 2001.04.24 20:53 Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On 23 Apr 2001 21:48:04 -0500, Bob Jones wrote:
[-snip-]
> > /*
> > if test x$oracledir = x
> > then
> >    AC_MSG_WARN(ORACLE backend not used)
> > else
> >    AC_DEFINE(HAVE_ORACLE)
> >    ORACLE_CFLAGS="-I${ORACLE_HOME}/rdbms/demo
> > -I${ORACLE_HOME}/plsql/public -I${ORACLE_HOME}/network/public"
> >    ORACLE_LIBS="-L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib -lm -ldl -lserver -lclient \
> >                     -lgeneric -lcommon -lvsn -lagent -lmm -lclntsh
> -lslax \
> >                     -lsql -lepc -lepcpt -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lepcfe
> -lextp \
> >                     -lplsb -lplsf -licd \
> >                     -lpsd -lpsa"
> > fi

replace all that stuff with

ORACLE_LIBS="-L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib -lclntsh "

as a quick'n'dirty workaround (AFAIK that doesn't work for hpux).

> I can't see what the problem is, and unfortunately, I don't have an
> Oracle
> installation right now to test it. I remember Stephan (the guy who did
> the oracle provider) said something about a file, in the Oracle
> directories, where you've got a list of all libraries to be linked
> against when developing Oracle clients. Somebody know more than me about
> this?

i really would like to contribute more to gda - but time is limited
(sadly).

kind regards

stephan (the guy who dit the oracle provider)