[gnome-db]libgda-0.2.3 and Oracle 8i Enterprise

Hi all.

I hate to sound like a newbie, but considering that I have just made the switch from Windoze to Linux, I am. Anyway, I seem to be having probs configuring/compiling libgda-0.2.3 to run with Oracle 8i. If I use the following:

./configure
make
make install

it compiles and installs great. But, when I run gnome-db (after compiling/installing) there are no GDA providers and it won't accept my manual additions. So it appears to me that I have to specify that I want Oracle support. Hence using ./configure --with-oracle=<oracle home dir.> (using <oracle home/lib> refuses to even configure properly). Using this switch works fine until make gets to libgda-0.2.3/providers-gda-oracle-server at which point its throws the following:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -1server
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

My question is; is there some parameter I'm missing during the configuration (or a directory that needs to be added to /etc/ld.so.conf or .profile) or is there another way to get libgda to compile for a locally running Oracle8i server?

Thanks in advance.
Bob Jones