[gnome-db]installing gnome-db

hi,

i am new to this list and also to linux, so please forgive for any incorrect statement. I am facing problem while installing gnome-db.

could anyone tell me what are the specific packages pre-required for gnome-db? as one of the packages required is glib and i have it but of a different version. can i know which are the exact conpatible ones for gnome-db-0.2.2-1. libconf a required package is not available, gconf is available, can it be used?

also, i want to know is there some other way by which i can connect MySQL database with my glade application in GTK+/GNOME.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Arti