Re: [gnome-db]libgda-0.2.3 and Oracle 8i Enterprise

Hi,

I'm not familar with the oracle provider, but i try to answer your question.
;-)

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 03:55:57PM -0500, Bob Jones wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I hate to sound like a newbie, but considering that I have just made the
> switch from Windoze to Linux, I am.  Anyway, I seem to be having probs
> configuring/compiling libgda-0.2.3 to run with Oracle 8i.  If I use the
> following:
>
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> it compiles and installs great.  But, when I run gnome-db (after
> compiling/installing) there are no GDA providers and it won't accept my
> manual additions.  So it appears to me that I have to specify that I
> want Oracle support.  Hence using ./configure --with-oracle=<oracle home
> dir.> (using <oracle home/lib> refuses to even configure properly).

You just have to use $ORACLE_HOME, no additions like $ORACLE_HOME/lib please.

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -1server
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Maybe it's because you used $ORACLE_HOME/lib. If not, $ORACLE_HOME/lib may
be missing in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or in /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you run
ldconfig if you add it to ld.so.conf.
I suppose you've installed the developement libraries and demos (
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo and $ORACLE_HOME/plsql/public and
$ORACLE_HOME/network/public). :-)

Ciao,

  Holger