Re: [gnome-db]gda-mysql-server

On 11 Apr 2001 23:42:16 -0300, Cleber Rodrigues Rosa Junior wrote:
> > that's perfect. Would you like to be added as maintainer for the MySQL
> > provider in bugzilla. If you want, we can set up a @gnome-db.org account
> > for you so that you get automatically admin privileges in bugzilla when
> > you create your account.
>

> Yes, that would be great (it's a lot of responsibility though! ;)
> The acount is very welcome aswell, and if possible I'd like to
> have mail forwarded to "cleberjr secrel com br".

ok, Carlos, could you please set the account redirection, please?
Cleber, as soon as you've created your account in bugzilla (with the
@gnome-db.org address), tell me, and I'll set you up as the MySQL
provider maintainer.

> > for example the open_schema method. It just returns a subset of all the
> > required schemas
>
> First thing I am gonna do is to fill bug reports for the bugs I actually
> have found, so that everybody can see what's going on maybe help
> us out. I think this should be exploited a lot more by Gnome-DB
> as a whole, it serves a way of invinting people to help and we
> need every bit of it.

yes, I'm myself using it for all of this for a while now. It would be
great if we all started doing the same. Bugzilla is quite good not only
for filing bug reports, but also for TODO items, suggestions, etc

> > yes, we talked some time ago about this, and the only thing that was
> > raised was to simulate transactions by using MySQL locks. The other
> > possibility would be to just return a NOT_SUPPORTED error when using
> > those methods.
>
> I must say I'm not happy with that, but the solution I proposed earlier
> on doesn't sound
> allright to me aswell. So, I guess I'll look into simulating
> transactions.

ok, do it as you think is better.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/