Re: [gnome-db]autoconf question for making libgda (gob_check)

On 11 Apr 2001 21:11:57 -0400, Roger Pilkey wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I am building the libgda module, and when I run autogen.sh, I get this
> error:
>
> ./configure: line 2681: syntax error near unexpected token
> `GOB_CHECK(1.0.5)'
> ./configure: line 2681: `GOB_CHECK(1.0.5)'
>

> line 2681 in configure is this:
>
> GOB_CHECK(1.0.5)
>

> I have gob 1.0.7:
>     > gob --version
>     Gob version 1.0.7
>
> GOB_CHECK is an autoconf m4 macro for gob that is defined here (on my system
> anyway):
>
> /usr/local/share/aclocal/gob.m4

this is the problem, aclocal does not look at that directory to look for
macros. So, you've got 2 possible solutions. One is to copy that gob.m4
file to /usr/share/aclocal, or either to use the *don't remember its
name* environment variable to tell aclocal where to look for macros.

Does somebody remember the name of that variable? It's something like
ACLOCAL_INCLUDE_FLAGS or something like that.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/