RE: Compile Issues

> > > Meanwhile, to be able to compile the testing program, you can replace
> > > GLIB_CFLAGS by GDA_CLIENT_CFLAGS (the LIBS variables need not
> > > be changed).
> > >
> > I think GDA_CLIENT_CFLAGS should be added to the test program, since
> > there are other libraries that are needed (XML), and, you don't have to
> > mind about whether GNOME libs are used or not, since this will be
> > replaced once and for all programs.
>
> I think we have to distinguish here between the dependencies that gda has
> and the dependencies a program using gda will have.
> GDA_CLIENT_CFLAGS are the dependencies gda itself has. That does not
> mean that every program that uses the gda library must have the same include
> path.
> Actually, for compiling a program using libgda the output of gda-config --cflags
> should be sufficient. (With this I don't mean that you should change gda-config
> to include all that additional libraries)
>
> See the example XML: surely libgda-client itself needs gnome-xml; but maybe
> it would be possible to design the gda-client.h in a way that programs using
> libgda-client don't depend on gnome-xml.h and therefore don't require the
> development package for gnome-xml installed to compile.

the gda-client.h file is provided to help programs by letting them
include just
one file. But you can always use the individual header files
(gda-connection.h,
etc). I'm not sure if this works right now, since I always use
gda-client.h,
gda-common.h, gda-server.h, but it's just a matter of including on each
.h
file the individual dependencies for each one. So please try it if you
like.

> > you haven't received any news about your CVS account?
>
> I am afraid not.

let me see...no, it's not yet