Re: bonobo controls

> I updated from CVS, but I had to add #include <gnome-db-control-widget.h>
> to gda-mgr.h to make it compile.

It's now on CVS

> It looks like the property settings for the config components (the ones when
> you click on 'config') are working nice (BTW you should set the
> GNOME_DB_CONTROL_PROP_START property to TRUE to actually launch the components).
>
> However I get the same errors as you for the 'browser'. This is because in
> gda-components-browser, you define properties with different strings as the
> ones you user to set them. So to avoid this, I created a new file called
> gnome-db-control-defprops.h which will be #included by the impl of
> GnomeDbControlWidget and by the impl of any control (so the property names
> match). Also you tried to set the "user_name" property which you did not define
> for that component.

Yes, sorry again, I had no time yesterday to look deeply, so I didn't
realize. I've changed this and now the config components work ok from
the gda-manager!

> I also added a function called gnome_db_control_widget_isok() which will return
> TRUE if the widget can be used (no error), and FALSE otherwise (means call
> gtk_object_destroy() on it to free memory). So line 286 of gda-mgr-gda.c, you
> can use this function.

It's not yet on CVS!

> BTW, when do you think you can make a new gnome-db release, as we now have the
> bonobo stuff working?

I would like to have the C++ bindings working before, so as soon as
Chris answers, we'll know when this will be. Or maybe we shouldn't wait?