Re: bonobo controls

On mer, 17 mai 2000, you wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I've added the setting of properties to the gda-manager app, and I get
> > all the time this message for each property I set through
> > gnome_db_control_widget_set_prop_ptr():
> >
> > Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-property-bag-client.c: line 359
> > (bonobo_property_bag_client_get_property_type): assertion `pbc != NULL'
> > failed.
> >
> > ** WARNING **: Unsupported type of property
> >
> > But this seems to be a problem in the GnomeDbControl, since the

I updated from CVS, but I had to add #include <gnome-db-control-widget.h>
to gda-mgr.h to make it compile.

It looks like the property settings for the config components (the ones when
you click on 'config') are working nice (BTW you should set the
GNOME_DB_CONTROL_PROP_START property to TRUE to actually launch the components).

However I get the same errors as you for the 'browser'. This is because in
gda-components-browser, you define properties with different strings as the
ones you user to set them. So to avoid this, I created a new file called
gnome-db-control-defprops.h which will be #included by the impl of
GnomeDbControlWidget and by the impl of any control (so the property names
match). Also you tried to set the "user_name" property which you did not define
for that component.

So you should modify gda-components-browser.c: remove the #define PROP* at the
top, include the gnome-db-control-defprops.h and use the props names defined
here.

I also added a function called gnome_db_control_widget_isok() which will return
TRUE if the widget can be used (no error), and FALSE otherwise (means call
gtk_object_destroy() on it to free memory). So line 286 of gda-mgr-gda.c, you
can use this function.

BTW, when do you think you can make a new gnome-db release, as we now have the
bonobo stuff working?

Cheers,