Re: GnomeDbControlWidget stuff

> > > BTW, I've seen that PostgreSQL V7.0 is out. I'll check it as soon as I have
> > > some time.
> > >
> > Yes, I'll do the same! It's got good new things, as foreign keys, which
> > I had missed too much in previous releases, specially at work, where we
> > were planning to convert an Oracle database to Postgres, but as we had
> > all the source which managed this database relying on foreing keys, we
> > have stopped the migration, but now I can try to convince them again!
> >

> That is a good idea, specially since I heard about a commercial support for
> Postgres.
>
> I've never used foreign keys, how and when do you use them? (Or if you
> know where I can find some docs about that topic?)

We use them for being sure that a field in a table always references a
valid entry in another table. For example, you've got your sales table,
which contains a customer_id field which, of course, must reference a
valid customer in the customers table. So, you use a foreign key for
this field. In oracle, you can't insert a value in this field which is
not in the customers table, and, most importantly, you can't delete a
customer which has rows referencing it in the sales table. This is quite
safe for

I don't know where to find generic docs, but if you look at some oracle
docs, you'll see what it is.

> BTW, it looks like the latest version of bonobo works fine regarding the
> properties (testing at the moment). I'll commit tonight a working version of the
> gnome-db component browser.

You mean the properties are working?