Re: GNOME-DB TODO

On jeu, 20 jui 2000, you wrote:

> I have the same problem with MySQL in a PHP library and my solution was to
> update the rows using as much information as I have. But this update can
> modify several rows if the table doesn't have a unique column. But I think
> that this is
> the only solution to the problem. If we want to modify a record we can
> modify all
> the rows which have all the columns equals with the register that we want
> modify.

I had the same problem with gASQL and the solution was to ask for a
confirmation from the user by giving him the actual number of rows that would
be modified. With the seed tables or oids, we can go further and modify only
the row in the recordset (by knowing the structure of the SELECT query which
gave the recordset).