Re: gnome-db-0.90 on Solaris

|| On Friday 21 January at 12:44
|| In mail titled "gnome-db-0.90 on Solaris"
|| Terry Gliedt said, and I quote...
[]
[] I've been trying to get Gnome-DB installed and to use it with my
[] MySQL and Sybase databases. First, thank you all for your efforts.
[]
[] Make issues. I'm working on Solaris 2.51, without root access, so
[] this means I cannot put anything into /usr/local. This means my
[] environment forces me to override all defaults. I find lots of
[] configure problems :-)

I'm on Solaris7 and although I do have root access I split up
 /usr/local to /usr/local/gnome /usr/local/db /usr/local/text/...

I found the last release of gnome-db (0.0.90) compiled pretty easily,
by slight of config.site.  There where some things you mentioned:

The BSD 'setenv' (fe/fe_session.c) is definitely not portable - should
be using ...oh, lost my bit of paper, well we need getenv and putenv
anyway!  Being too lazy to fix it I just linked in -liberty (libiberty)
instead - its probably preferable to commenting it out.  Seems like a
candidate for glib to me?

The other thing was the symbol export switch which you don't need if
your using the sun linker, which, unless I'm out of date, you should be
for the moment.

I have got xgettext and haven't had any problems but then I'm only using
C (en_NZ).

I've only used it on PostgreSQL(6.5.3) direct and ODBC which seems okay.
 I have got MySQL up again for something else so I'll give that a go as
soon as I can get round to it. (there was some exchange about the server
being broken but I think that was out of date).

[] Thanks again for all your hard work. This is getting to be serious
cool.

seconded.

Stephen.