Re: gnome-db-0.90 on Solaris

Stephan Heinze wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:44:34 Terry Gliedt wrote:
> >
> > I've been trying to get Gnome-DB installed and to use it with my MySQL
> > and Sybase databases. First, thank you all for your efforts.
> >
> > Make issues. I'm working on Solaris 2.51, without root access, so this
> > means I cannot put anything into /usr/local. This means my environment
> > forces me to override all defaults. I find lots of configure problems
> > :-)
>
> configure --prefix=/somewhere
>
> could solve some of your problems I think.
>
> or try configure --help to see the pathes you can set via command line.

I'm already using --prefix so that all this software installs in some
place besides /usr/local.  THAT problem I have solved. Sometimes there
are configure scripts which don't allow enough flexibility (you can only
do so much) or that are just plain incorrect. Those I get to edit and
hack so they evaluate to the correct settings.

The gnome-db ./configure script works properly -- just doesn't check
quite enough (or other solutions need to be put in place). Thanks for
the thought though.

Terry Gliedt     tpg@umich.edu         http://www.hps.com/~tpg/
Biostatistics, Univ of Michigan    Personal Email:  tpg@hps.com