libgda - GNOME dependencies

Hi all,

I've just discovered libgda / gnome-db and I think
it's very interesting and exactly what I was looking
for :)

But I think it's a bit hard to compile / install, since
it requires too many dependencies. I'm only interested
in the libgda part using shared libraries, not in the
CORBA / GNOME stuff. Although I have GNOME installed,
it does not have many of the libraries required, or
if it has they are a bit older.

Is there any way to compile only the the part of the libgda
in which I'm interested ? If it's not possible, can someone
provide some hints on how to do it and how easy it could be
to do it ?

Thanks and best regards,
	Mateu