Antw: Re: gnome-db 0.2.0 RPMS

>>> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ulises openresources com> 04.12.2000  19.17 Uhr >>>
> > Also, Gerhard has made a really nice work with the XmlQuery library, and
> > there should soon be a directory for it under the gda-common one so we
> > can all test it.
> >
> great!

Hi Rodrigo,

as Vivien told you, my XmlQuery lib is now more or less usable. It implements
the features:
1.) create an XmlQuery from XML (using libxml2)
2.) create an XmlQuery with individual simple library calls
3.) render an XmlQuery to SQL92
4.) render an XmlQuery to XML (using libxml2)

Currently it only covers DML (select,insert,update,delete). The next step
would be to extend it to DDL(create/drop/alter table/view/sequence, ....)

If I remeber right, some months ago you announced to do something like this.
To avoid duplicate work, I would like to ask you, if you have something done
at it, or should I start with the current version of the XmlQuery DTD?

Gerhard

P.S. This email address will only be valid until Fr. 08.Dec 2000, because I'm
going to start a new job at 02. Jan 2001 If you want to reply after this date, please
use my private address GDieringer compuserve com or gerhard gnome-db org