Re: sybase

Hi!

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 12:23:36PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Thanks to Holger Thorn and Stephan Heinze, we've got now support for
> another DBMS: sybase. I've just checked in what Holger sent me. I
> haven't tested it, since I've got sybase SQL Anywhere, which does not
> seem to include the ctlib.
Well, if you can come on a Sybase 11.0.3.3beta for Linux, that release may
be used for free. I myself have used and tested it under sybase 11.9.2, i
think this may be used for developing purposes for free, but please
have a concrete look at sybase's web pages, for i'm not sure.

> So, one question, if I try to compile the sybase provider with the
> freeTDS libs, will I be able to access my SQL Anywhere database? or does
> it use a different protocol?

The ctlib uses the tds protocol, which also is used by Adapive Server
Enterprise (ASE). I don't know if Adaptive Server Anywhere uses tds protocol,
too. I doubt freetds library and ctlib are api-compatible, but i'm not sure,
try it if you wish so. ;-)

> PS:
> I don't understand at all German, so could you please translate it into
> English and send it back?
My fault, i'm sorry i was too lazy to translate it. You'll get it before
this mail. ;-)

BTW: You don't need to also mail the repsonses to me, i'm also on this
     list. :-)

Ciao,
  Holger
--
Operator excuse of the instant:
Stale file handle (next time use Tupperware(tm)!)