Re: [gnome-cyr] The name of the list

On 29 Mar 2001 08:03:01 +0400, Dmitry G . Mastrukov wrote:
> юС ўдз, 29 эСв 2001 01:07:04 Yanko Kaneti ЮСаЩгСЬ:
> > Hello
> >
> > i am pretty sure you all understand very well my main argument
> >
> > if this list is focused on cyrillization then the language used
> > should
> > be
> > be the common denominator for all the interested parties
> > as you know this language (among the interested in cyrillic) is
> > english
> > and not russian
> Yes, may be if future. But you are the first non-Russian person in the
> list. Our moderator can see subscribers and say exectly who is
> subscribed and how many non-Russinas here. So why we should use
> non-native language?

it think i expressed my motives for that in my words above
your position begs for gnome-ru

> > having a "private" discussion in your language is no good for all
> > the
> > other people interested in this, hence it fails the list purpose
> > (i am well aware that many people, including me, can understand and
> > even express themselves in russian, but thats not the point here)
> >
> Some time ago in gnome lists (seems gnome-list) was discussion about
> using of non-English languages in the list. Common opinion was
> something like "let somebody talk his native language. If someone in
> list can understand message then he will reply to it, if no - message
> wil be unreplied".

thats all very fine and enhances the communication and sharing of ideas
right!, blah...

> Discussion about list language seems to me unproductive. If you have
> any question on cyrillization or i18n of gnome you are welcomed to ask
> it (may be in your native laguage, seems, we can understand some words
> ;)) ). Everyone in this list can speak (at least write) in English
> more or less fluent, so somebody shurely will answer you.

i'll have no problem with whatever you decide to do
but you'll of course allow me and all the others thinking like me
to take the ignortant position of not reading the mail archives to this
point, and probably further ignoring all the mail in russian

thanks for reading this far, we should really stop, cuz this is
obviously pointless

> with respect
> Dmitry

best regards