[gnome-cy] Pangrams

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 04:37:25PM +0100 or thereabouts, Dafydd Harries wrote:

> > (configuring stuff)	gnome-control-center: one string left.
>
> That one's a pangram.

> > (printing libs)		libgnomeprint: one string left.
>
> Another pangram.

I forgot about this. The pangram story.

At the moment these are "The quick brown fox jumped over the
lazy dog", and used when you are picking fonts so that you
can see what the font looks like in action.

We need one in Welsh, and ideally it should have the letters
of the alphabet, w^, y^ and perhaps i" and a' as well. (I'm
spelling those in two characters each in case you don't have
those in the font you read mail in. I know I can generate
a w^ but then not see it at times!)

I leave the matter of j, z, q and friends to someone else :)

Anyway, here is your chance to make a big mark. No-one
so far can come up with one. I have searched the Unicode
sites (which tend to have fascinating test sentences) in
vain.

Does anyone know a friendly printing house which might
know good test sentences when you want to see what something
looks like in print or on a monitor? If not, time to
make something up. But if there is a standard sentence,
it would be nice if we use it.

Telsa