Re: [gnome-cy] New KGyfieithu sub-project: Attack!

Hi Dafydd and Alan

On Dydd Mawrth 15 Gorfennaf 2003 2:35 yp, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> I am not sure if this selection reflects our priorities.

Who am I to say which are the most important Gnome packages?  All I want is
some files :-)  But I've got you thinking about which ones, now .....

> group at the moment are filling gaps in gnome-applets, metacity,
> nautilus, gnome-games, etc. These are all important packages (yes,
> gnome-games is important) which are still less than 50% complete.

Didn't Owain finish gnome-applets?  He certainly did 100% of whatever it was
we had.

> If you're looking for things in desktop that haven't been started upon
> yet, I would suggest epiphany, a web browser for GNOME which
> concentrates on usability and integration with the rest of the desktop.

Fine, send me epiphany.

> Evolution is a major application. Having it in Welsh would be a major
> coup.

Very cootchie indeed.

> > Can I also suggest that someone then pulls some bit(s) out of Evo that
> > will make up another 1,600 or so strings, so that we will have the usual
> > rough 50/50 split, and I can also justify my definition of Attack!
> > (moving on to desktop functionality such as email and organiser).

> Well, evolution is both email and organizer. Web browsing is important
> desktop functionality.

That's why I suggested it :-)

> Not sure how easy doing a partial translation of Evolution would be -
> you might miss out some of the most important strings as you're
> splitting up the file.

Possibly, but you chaps can sort that out <grin>.  All I mean is that with Evo
being 6,389 strings, that's far too many to put up as one file - people could
spend an evening doing translations, and hardly see the bar move at all.  No
use.  Alan said earlier it might be possible to segment it, but if not, I'll
just put up chunks about 800 strings long.

Best wishes

Kevin