Re: [gnome-cy] Wha'ppen?

Helo pawb!

I thought the day and the planned get together for Wednesday afternoon went quite alright. David Chan was there all week - dai hard - showing Welsh OpenOffice, Mozilla and some Welsh Gnome on a Linux Mandrake PC.

During the time I was there 'on duty' to show people Canolfan Bedwyr's software also, quite a few people we're very interested in Welsh OpenOffice - one secondary school technician from North East Wales wanted to have a CD there and then to take to show to his headmaster. Having a Welsh spell checker available for it seemed to draw more people to it as well. (btw, what spell checker does Gnome/KDE use? Is it configurable or is it aspell? ) Unfortunately a common question was 'will it work in Windows?' :(

Compared to Welsh OpenOffice which seemed to have been the main attraction, nobody much had an interest in Welsh Mozilla 1.4 or Netscape 7.1 despite having demonstrated the Welsh MySpell checker in the email client.

On the Monday, David and Rhoslyn managed to show our Welsh software to Peter Hain and some other high profile people.(somebody high up at Y Lolfa(?))

Anyhoo, at our get together on the Wednesday there was a guy from Powys CC who said they'd been launching a bilingual website content management tool or something written in PHP.  I can't find anything from http://www.telecentres.com/opensource/index.html however. (good collection of pages however)

There was also somebody from next year's Eisteddfod who mentioned (I think) that some space could be arranged at the Science and Technology tent for us next year. That would be excellent - big screens etc etc  8-)

Hwyl,
Dewi.

Ysgrifennodd Chris M. Jackson: