Re: Tags instead of components

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 09:24 AM, Vadim Rutkovsky wrote:

We can rename "tag" in current manifest to 'revision' or 'branch', both
sound good to me.

I'd like to distinguish between two cases:

* We are building from a tag because we just don't want to bother
tracking git master
  At the moment, this is either "tag" or "branch".  "branch" can happy
  build from git tags,
  and we normally have the pair of tag/tag-reason for:

* We want to track git master, and ran into an issue.
  I've been debating names for this for some time, but how about calling
  this "freeze"?