Re: Tags instead of components

On Thu, 2014-09-25 at 15:22 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
Basically, instead of a "component" string property in each component we
have a list of tags, then the tags are used to put each component in one
or more targets. The advantage of this is that the multi-value lets us
avoid having a strict hierarchy of components that are used to construct
the targets. For instance, we can drop the artificial "minimal"
component and just list runtime *and* hwtest for the components in both
of these.

From a hwtest point of view, this seems fine to me - and I don't see
anything obviously wrong with the patch looking it over.

I'd claim that minimal isn't artificial - it's the set of packages that
are needed to boot the system - but I see that with your interest in
making a set of packages that *can't* boot the system but is still
useful, where it could be considered as such :-)

- Owen