Re: Slow gnome-contacts startup

Sorry to keep spamming the list like this, but I have discovered some
more on my quest to make gnome-contacts start up faster. Yes its
really true, the list Gnome got from my Gmail account really does
contain 1402 contacts!

1402 contacts is much, but i don't think its unreasonable for us to
handle.

This line seems to take an unreasonable amount of time, per contact:
          this.add_contact (new Contact (this, new_individual));

It seems to me that the Contact constructor might be too expensive.
I'll try profiling.

This triggers the creation of the widgets in the list too, maybe its
blocking on reading the icon or something?