Re: Slow gnome contacts startup

I've managed to get Gnome Contacts building in Anjuta and although it
keeps telling me its not built in debug mode, it allows me to set
breakpoints and stop on them.

Still, after app.window.show (); in contacts-app.vala, it takes about
9 seconds to show the main window. I'm still trying to figure out what
its doing in that time.

Its quite possible that the slowness is in either folks or
evolution-data-server as these are the components that transfer the
actual contact data, rather than gnome-contacts which mainly shows it.

However, any research into this would be nice. I've heard from some
other people too that its slow. How many contacts do you have?

--- Begin Message ---