Re: Link dialog and Undo for linking

2012/1/19 Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>:
> On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 13:16 -0500, Erick Pérez Castellanos wrote:
>> > In git master we now *only* show the contacts that contain a persona
>> > from the primary persona store (and there is a way to switch which
>> > addressbook to use).
>> The problem is taht your primary store might have personas from people I
>> really don't want to be there. eg: My primary store is Google service,
>> so I have personas there for gnome-contacts-list gnome org, for
>> instance. Right now those aren't showing because you make a hack to not
>> showing those contacts not belonging to "My Contacts" group.
>> I'm talking about removing these hack and getting this distintion from
>> libfolks, that would permit us to allow the same separation between main
>> and not-main contacts with other addressbooks other than Google. I know
>> "Favourites" might not really look like the concept we're looking for,
>> but, could work for now.
>
> Yes, adding back the "other" contacts from google contacts as "other"
> gnome contacts certainly makes sense. In fact, it seems pretty easy to
> just make the current hack make the contact non-primary, rather than
> hidden. Will do that.
>
> However, favourites is very much not the right thing. We've talked about
> adding favourites support to the Gnome Contacts UI before (to get a very
> short list of common contacts), and its already availbile in e.g. the
> android contacts UI, so we should sync it to that. We don't want to
> overload it with a different meaning.

I've added extra notes and mockups to the design page today [1]. That
should hopefully clarify the linking situation (let me know if it
doesn't).

NB. There are now quite a few mockups in the repository [2], some of
which are a little out of date. However, I am only linking to current
mockups from the wiki page - so you can refer to that for up to date
guidance.

Allan

[1]  http://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Contacts

[2] https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups