Re: Bonobo activation: new library to old bonobo-activation-server

В Чтв, 10/05/2007 в 11:04 +0800, Grahame Bowland пишет:
> On 09/05/07, Nickolay V. Shmyrev <nshmyrev yandex ru> wrote:
> > Hello Grahame. This message is indeed present in sources:
> [snip]
> > But I suppose we should find why it's not listed in query results. Can you attach .server
> > file for example? Probably it has some errors or incompatibilities. Probably there is sense to build
> > b-a-s from sources and just debug it. It's not very large program really.
> >
> > Also can you run `bonobo-activation-run-query "1"`, it should list all the service, I suppose
> > that bug with repoid's naming is possible too.
>
> Hi Nickolay
>
> Thanks for the suggestions! I've poked around with GDB a bit more, and
> I think I've found the problem. I'm not sure how to resolve it though.
>
> In bonobo_activation_activate, the system tries to run
> Bonbo_ActivationContext_activateMatchingFull, and if that fails (which
> it does with this old bonobo activation server) it tries to to run
> Bobono_ActivationContext_activateMatching. This fails, but the method
> does actually run within the bonobo activation server.
>
> In the old bonobo activation server, (2.2.2) within
> impl_Bonobo_ActivationContext_activateMatching it tries to get
> "hostname" from the CORBA_Context. This fails, setting a CORBA
> exception, and the method notices the exception and returns failure.
>
> Note that all of this is happening before activating my component;
> this is just my program trying to get a new bonobo activation server
> to talk to (activating OAFID:Bonobo_Moniker_Oaf).
>
> New libbonobo mentions in many places that setting "hostname" is
> deprecated, but as far as I can see with the debugger it still does
> set it. So either something odd is happening sending the CORBA_Context
> over, or something is clearing the value before it is sent through.
>
> Are there any tips for peering into CORBA_Context? I'd like to check
> that hostname is *really* being set on the CORBA_Context. If desperate
> I can just modify the old bonobo-activation server to not care about
> hostname (it doesn't actually use it for anything) but it seems like
> there is a genuine bug here : newer libbonobo can't talk to an old
> activation server.

It's probably a time to file bug at bugzilla.

To debug contexts you can compile ORBit with --enable-debug and then
exporting ORBIT2_DEBUG=all will dump quite precise communication log.

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=