Bonobo activation: new library to old bonobo-activation-server

Hi guys

I'm having trouble getting libbonobo-activation (from bonobo 2.18.0)
to talk to bonobo-activation-server from bonobo-action 2.2.2. I've got
some software that uses a newer libgnome, and thus we've included the
required libraries and RPATHed the executable.

I'm trying to get that software to run with the
bonobo-activation-server from RHEL3 and not getting anywhere. It does
work with the bonobo-activation-server on Fedora Core 3 (2.8.0).

The component does show up in:
bonobo-activation-run-query "has(repo_ids, 'IDL:Bonobo/Unknown:1.0'"
and stracing our program trying to launch it I see
bonobo-activation-server read the .server file in. I get the
mysterious message:
Couldn't find which child the server was listed in
which I've no idea about :-)

Any help would be great!

Thanks
Grahame