Re: File Selector and Bonobo?

Hi Gustavo,

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 18:35, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>   I was just wondering, with recent discussions about the new gtk file
> selector, where does bonobo-file-selector-util.h (in libbonoboui) stand?
> I mean, is it safe to keep using it, or will it be removed when the new
> gtk file selector comes out?

	It all depends really; if there is not going to be a Gtk+ file selector
API worth using in Gnome 2.4 if not, I may consider making that API
actually useful. Currently I'd not really recommend using it.

>   I personally like having this, since it offers the possibility of
> plugging in different file selector implementations, and user could  be
> able to select between them.

	The problem is - that the solution is modal, and cannot be made
non-modal :-) also, it's too far on the side of simplicity for many
things.

	OTOH - of course, we will continue to support it, and in future it'll
use whatever new Gtk file selector arrives.