File Selector and Bonobo?

  I was just wondering, with recent discussions about the new gtk file
selector, where does bonobo-file-selector-util.h (in libbonoboui) stand?
I mean, is it safe to keep using it, or will it be removed when the new
gtk file selector comes out?

  I personally like having this, since it offers the possibility of
plugging in different file selector implementations, and user could  be
able to select between them.

  Also, I doubt that any gtk file selector will ever support gnome-vfs
URIs[1], so I think it is important to keep a gnome file selector. Maybe
the gnome file selector would be able to extend the gtk one to add VFS
support. But in this case, the gtk team must be requested to design a
file selector with extensibility in mind.

[1] Unless gtk addes a gnome-vfs dependency, which doesn't make too much
sense and seems impractical at this point.

--
Gustavo Joćo Alves Marques Carneiro