Re: Bonobo Activation Server goes to sleep

Hi Geoff,

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 08:47, Geoff Hacker wrote:
> GNOME 2.4.0 is hanging on me the first time I start it up. It is very
> strange. The system plays the first half-second of the gnome-2/login
> sound and then hangs. I have run top in the background and redirected
> the output to a file while this happens. It has reveled that the
> bonobo-activation-server starts up first. Then it and EsounD both go to
> sleep, and the whole system goes 100.0% idle. I have no idea why this
> should happen. Is there a trace I can run that will show me where the
> problem lies?

	What version of ORBit2 do you have; also, it may be interesting to get
a stack trace from gnome-session, find it's pid and do:

	gdb gnome-session <pid>
	backtrace

	If that fails, login as failsafe x term thing; do a bonobo-slay, then
run: strace -f -ttt gnome-session >& /tmp/log.

	Then post a _link_ to the log :-)

	Hopefully we can find what's going on from that,

 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot