Re: Bonobo Activation Server goes to sleep

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 20:51, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	If that fails, login as failsafe x term thing; do a bonobo-slay, then
> run: strace -f -ttt gnome-session >& /tmp/log.
>
> 	Then post a _link_ to the log :-)

Progress report:

I know I've already posted a link to a gnome-session log. However, I
thought it might not have turned out quite right. Looking at the pids of
X and gnome-session, X was starting before gnome-session. So I would
need to start x first. To accomplish this, I wrote the following line in
my garnome-session script:

exec strace -f -ttt $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session >&
/home/geoff/logs/gnome-session2.log.

The results were, shall we say, interesting:

First, GNOME 2.4.0 actually booted up this time. Unfortunately, it also
had no sound. Everything ran slow as a pig once it booted up, so all I
could really do was shut it back down again. Once back in bash, I
changed my garnome-session script back to normal. Being used to Windows,
I also gave the system a reboot for good measure. I thought that I would
simply post a link to the new output file. Unfortunately, it is 32.5
megabytes! I have mercifully only uploaded the first thousand lines of
output:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/geoffreyhacker/Logs/gnome-session-2.1.log

Please let me know if you want anything more, or anything different. =)

Once again, thank you so much!

Geoff