Re: GGV 1.1.96

Hi Sergey,

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 12:42, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> Yes indeed.

	Please can you tell me _what_ you are trying to do in a solution
neutral way, I do think that by trying to get at the verbs you are
making life really, unnecessarily difficult for yourself.

> > 	Sigh; there is nothing comperable. You want to cut and paste the
> > bonobo-ui-container.c file, and stub all the methods, and just allow
> > yourself to extract the Bonobo_UIComponent handles that are added to it,
> > in order to poke the remote verbs.
>
> But if I just inherit from BononoUIContainer (in a standard gtk way) and
> override setNode/getNode/removeNode/exists methods - will it work?

	Inherit from BonoboObject and implement the BonoboUIContainer interface
- with a load of stubs - or NULL pointers will prolly do the trick quite
nicely. You only need to implement the registerComponent method, and
just hold on to that UIComponent handle and invoke verbs on it.

> Also, should I also create my own idl?

	No.

> Also, I really don't understand the way
> I should interact (should I?) with bonobo_ui_engine and
> bonobo_ui_node...

	Don't - you don't need to - you just want to get hold of a
Bonobo_UIComponent reference.

> I realize - so many easy questions - but I really
> could not find any clear explanation of all this internal machinery.

	HTH,