Re: GGV 1.1.96

Hi Sergey,

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 22:51, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> So, just checked GGV and found it is definitely _much_ better than
> previous one. I removed my scrolled window because scrolling in GGV
> seems to work properly. Great thanks to Jaka for support of GNOME 1
> folks!

	Good, I'm glad it works for you.

> There is one question remaining for me: how to use custom bonobo control
> UI elements (menus, buttons etc) without creating bonobo_window.

	It's going to be quite tough I think.

> Actually, I have no problems to create one - I am just unable to put it
> inside existing capplet. So probably I just should take some "list of
> verbs", make buttons (definitely, with i18n) and add to my capplet. Or
> is there better solution?

	Nope; sadly not. Also - there is no way to get a BonoboUIComponent from
the BonoboControl [ a control might have several ] so, you need to
provide your own version of the BonoboUIContainer interface on the
frame, just to be able to get the Control's BonoboUIComponent. Still,
you don't need to implement much / anything in that interface
particularly.

	Then you can just invoke the verbs on the UIComponent - as you suggest.