Re: GGV 1.1.96

Hi Sergey,

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 22:53, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> :(( BTW, any plans to improve this in GNOME 2 (AFAIU, ask questions
> about GNOME 1 is very impolite these days:)?

	There are no API changes being made in Gnome 1 - you're quite right.
And, now there are no API changes being made in Gnome 2 - but for Gnome
2.1 there might be a way to do this more easily - yes :-)

> Or is it a point - to allow
> bonobo controls to be embedded into bonobo window only?

	Well - it's just the way that the UI stuff happens to work; clearly it
might be better to tie a BonoboUIComponent to the Control in some way,
for now, you have to implement your own Bonobo::UIContainer as I
explained.

> > 	Nope; sadly not. Also - there is no way to get a BonoboUIComponent from
> > the BonoboControl [ a control might have several ] so, you need to
> > provide your own version of the BonoboUIContainer interface on the
> > frame, just to be able to get the Control's BonoboUIComponent. Still,
> > you don't need to implement much / anything in that interface
> > particularly.
>
> Could you please show some simple snippets/starting points of doing this
> (since C is not really OOL, even with bonobo - this is not
> straightforward for me)? Just one paragraph probably would be enough
> (sure, the more - the better). Or are there any similar projects around?

	Sigh; there is nothing comperable. You want to cut and paste the
bonobo-ui-container.c file, and stub all the methods, and just allow
yourself to extract the Bonobo_UIComponent handles that are added to it,
in order to poke the remote verbs.

	HTH,