Lifetime management

Hi Michael and list people.

I have a program that starts up and gets two CORBA objects from
bonobo-activation. It then keeps these objects around for the lifetime
of the program and destroys them at the quit.

Sometimes one of the CORBA programs quits (be it a crash, or
bonobo-slay), and then my program has a duff object lying around. Is
there any nice way (ORBit2) of detecting when a CORBA_Object dies, or do
we have to do it the Evolution way of poking the object every so often
and seeing if it responds?

(I was going to ask Michael this privatly and then thought that it might
be useful for other people to see the response.)

iain
--
"All men of conscience or prudence ply to windward, to maintain their
wars to be defensive." -- Roger Williams