Re: BonoboStream from Moniker [Patch]

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Jens Finke wrote:
>
> > ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > > I thought Bonobo was API-frozen?
> >
> > Why this patch?
> > --------------
> > Well, does API-frozen mean: Don't fix bugs? You are right this patch maybe
> > considered an API addition, but I think it's more a bugfix.
>
> I'd first like to state that I'm not out to get you, or even Michael ;)
>
> What you're saying is simply that this is not an API removal or the
> changing of an existing API, it is instead a new API. This is certainly
> true.
> But at this point, even API additions are suppsoed to be discussed on the
> appropriate mailing list.
>
> I'm not really a fan of all this bureaucracy and hard freezes thing, but
> if the gnome community as a whole has decided to accept it, then I think
> libbonobo should comply to its rules as well.

I completely agree with you. But first we should discuss here wether this
is a good solution and if it should be added to bonobo or not. If we, this
means Michael :), decide it would be valuable addition, then lets take
this to the release-team/board or whoever is responsible for API-addtion
approval.

Regards,

   Jens

--
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides
verlieren." -- Benjamin Franklin