Re: BonoboStream from Moniker [Patch]

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Jens Finke wrote:

> ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > I thought Bonobo was API-frozen?
>
> Why this patch?
> --------------
> Well, does API-frozen mean: Don't fix bugs? You are right this patch maybe
> considered an API addition, but I think it's more a bugfix.

I'd first like to state that I'm not out to get you, or even Michael ;)

What you're saying is simply that this is not an API removal or the
changing of an existing API, it is instead a new API. This is certainly
true.
But at this point, even API additions are suppsoed to be discussed on the
appropriate mailing list.

I'm not really a fan of all this bureaucracy and hard freezes thing, but
if the gnome community as a whole has decided to accept it, then I think
libbonobo should comply to its rules as well.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001