Re: oaf issues & release request ...

On 16Jan2002 03:20PM (+0000), Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> 	It seems like ages since I fixed the rather critical activation race in
> oafd, indeed - this is still causing users problems, and it has been ~3
> months since the last release. In the intervening period Ettore and
> myself have asked several times for a new release - but none has been
> forthcoming.

oaf-0.6.8 was just released. My main Linux box has sadly succumbed to
hardware death (don't buy Dell laptops!) but since this release was so
critical for you, I went the extra mile and made it on my Mac OS X
system (it's surprisingly challenging to compile even glib...).

> 	Furthermore I am still seeing multiple oafd activations in normal
> evolution usage - seemingly when (for whatever reason) oafd decides to
> launch several of itself we stop getting gtkhtml editor controls, and
> composing E-mail involves oaf-slaying before continuing.

Can you point me to a bugzilla bug report or a reproducible case of
this? I don't run Evolution, so it's hard for me to diagnose anything
from just this information.

Or if you have a patch to solve the problem that would be welcome too.

 - Maciej