Re: oaf issues & release request ...

Hi Maciej,

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 08:46, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> oaf-0.6.8 was just released. My main Linux box has sadly succumbed to
> hardware death (don't buy Dell laptops!) but since this release was so
> critical for you, I went the extra mile and made it on my Mac OS X
> system (it's surprisingly challenging to compile even glib...).

	I rather like Dell laptops; but thanks for the release. The other day I
got a new report of bison problems with bonobo-activation, which has
also remained unreleased for a similar time period. May we have another
release of that ?

> Can you point me to a bugzilla bug report or a reproducible case of
> this? I don't run Evolution, so it's hard for me to diagnose anything
> from just this information.

	Reproducing the problem is difficult; I get the issue after an hour or
two of using evolution. At which point I start to get lots of oafd's -
perhaps 1 per activation attempt, which seems sub-optimal, not least
since no matter how many are launched, they refuse to activate the
composer component.

> Or if you have a patch to solve the problem that would be welcome too.

	No; I have no patch, but I can file a bugzilla report against this for
you if that is necessary for you look into it ?