Re: bonobo_file_selection

> Are there plans to develop a bonobo-file-selection?

Yes, I have been working on and off on a new bonobo-file-selector that
would have various elements from the Office 2k file selector and would
use the GNOME VFS as its backend.

I will go back to work on this as soon as I am finished doing a few
updates to the e-table code in Gal, which is in need of some love.

This file selector uses said widgets, and hence it is important to get
them fixed before I can fully use them in my super elite file selector.

> Now, bonobo already seems to offer some utilities like the
> bonobo-selector. Are there plans to offer a bonobo-file-selection which
> would be a graphical frontend to the various bonobo-storage-modules
> installed? A bonobo-file-selection could be used by any application that
> needs to open a stream (in my camera case i.e. attachment in evolution,
> file in EOG).

That is the plan.

Best wishes,
Miguel.