Re: bonobo-activation cache ...

On 18Dec2001 05:09PM (-0500), Havoc Pennington wrote:

> i.e. I don't think you need an install-time "please drop caches"
> command for bonobo-activation, you can probably just use stat() and
> detect changes.

The server already uses stat() to detect changes in just the way you
describe. I had to add this feature because the problems without it
were horrible.

If we add a client side cache, clients will need to flush the cache
whenever the server does. A pity because clients haven't needed to
register with the server before, and this will make it harder to add
the feature where bonobo-activation-server quits after a period of
inactivity.

 - Maciej